Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Making Marriages Work--Things I Don't Really Need to Say

In my next few blogs, I am going to be writing about what I think makes a marriage work.  I am not going to bother to state the obvious.  I won't be writing about not abusing your wife, not coming home drunk, and not having affairs.  If you need to be told not to do these things, then consider yourself told. But maybe some of my upcoming blogs on marriage will touch on things that you haven't thought of.

Here are some things which I won't be touching on though.  I hope they are obvious enough.

Do not select a spouse on the basis that they have a "kick ass" tatoo.
Do not select a spouse because they are a great drinking buddy and can drink everyone else under the table.
Do not select a spouse because they are a good "fixer upper."
Do not select a spouse on the basis that they are in prison for multiple felonies but deep down really "have a good heart."
Do not select a spouse on the basis that they have been married five times to "no good bums," but now you will have the opportunity to rescue them and show them what a real man or woman is like.

All tongue in cheek comments aside, maybe someone needs to write a list of statements like the above for people who need it.  But I think that has already been covered by Jerry Springer and Dr. Phil.

So it is time to move on to more serious blog postings on marriage.

1 comment:

Arya Samaj Mandir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.