Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Deilberate Mind

This state of mind is about living life in a consciously deliberate fashion. It may seem strange that this would have anything to do with mindfulness, since mindfulness generally incorporates a form of meditation which involves no thinking at all.  However, to meditate in this way is actually very deliberate and focused.

In a sense, deliberate mind takes away blame.  We oftentimes blame others because we see our lives as stimulus and response.  You do something, and I react.  Therefore, my reactions are your fault.  To live life with full consciousness on the other hand, or at least as full consciousness as possible, would involve living life so that less blame shunted onto other people for our negative feelings.

To live deliberately is to take responsibility for my actions and feelings.  And if, as sometimes happens, someone has harmed me and made life difficult for me, then deliberate mind is more focused on finding a solution than on my anger or blame at the other person.

To live life deliberately is also to live life consciously--conscious of what I am doing and why I am doing it.  To live unconsciously is to live without a knowledge of what is truly driving me.  We may never understand all of our feelings, but at least we can live in such a way that we can take considerable responsibility for what we think, do, and feel.

No comments: